(*) denotes researched tips. I haven't tried them personally but they have been proven to work
Finding the perfect fit (Jeans/T-shirts/Jackets/ Coats/etc)
- The secret is Lycra for T-shirts and Jeans. The tag should read 95% cotton/5% Lycra spandex for T-shirts, and at least 2% Lycra for jeans to hold their shape.*
- Since tailors can not make changes to the shoulders of jackets coats, or blazers, the key to finding the perfect outwear piece is in the shoulders area. Make sure the seams sit perfectly at the bony tops of your shoulders.
- Use double-stick tape or hot glue gun to shorten a hem in a pinch. It is a temporary fix!
- Use clip on earrings as embellishments. You can place them on the collar or cuffs of your shirt.
- Old(er) or thrifted sweaters can be reused to reupholster chair cushions and/or throw pillows.
Knitted Pieces (Cashmere/angora/mohair...):
- To check the quality of cashmere, stretch the piece gently and see if it returns back to its original state. If it does not, that article is made of a lower quality cashmere.
- Always hand wash Cashmere!
- Put mohair or angora knitted pieces in ziploc bag and place it in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours. This will help prevent shedding. *
Fresh Oil Stain on your Favorite piece...
- Simply put baby power on the contaminated area. Let it stand over night. Repeat the process until the stain is gone